Annual Senior Chili Supper
January 27th, 2018
Senior adults, please join us for food, fun and fellowship at our annual chili supper! This event will take place on Saturday, January 27 at 5:00 pm in the elementary gym. Come for fun, fellowship, games, singing, and food. Sign ups will end Wednesday, January 24.
Kids' Basketball and Cheerleading Clinics
February 3rd - February 24th, 2018
Develop your child's basketball or cheerleading skills in a safe environment surrounded by knowledgeable, compassionate staff.
- Weekly clinics on Saturdays in February (3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th)
- Hosted at Calvary Baptist Church in Normal (map available here)
- Led by experienced coaches and trainers
- Geared for kids ages K5-5th grade
- Drop-off no earlier than 9:45AM
- Clinics run from 10AM-12:15PM (lunch included)
- Each clinic will close with a 10-minute devotional from God's Word followed by lunch
- NO COST to participate
- Parent's Lounge available for those who prefer to stay on-site
- 9:45AM Doors Open/Check-in
- 10:00AM Welcome
- 10:05AM Warm-up & Stretch
- 10:15AM Intro "Skill of the Day"
- 10:20AM Development Drills
- 10:40AM Circuit Training
- 11:00AM Water Break
- 11:10AM Games/Workouts
- 11:30AM Scrimmages/Routines
- 11:50AM Devotional
- 12:00PM Lunch
- 12:15PM Dismissal
If you have further questions, email email@example.com
February 23rd, 2018
Gather around a table with other women from Calvary enjoying a meal or even just coffee together. When you sign up, you will be placed in a particular home with 8-10 other women for the evening to get to know each other and laugh together. A host will contact you letting you know the specifics of where you will be headed.
You can sign up to be a host or a participant and you can also sign up with a friend to be paired up with. This will be a wonderful time of fellowship with women from our church that you won’t want to miss!
If you sign up as a host, you will be contacted with the names and contact information for the women in your group and if you are a participant your host will contact you letting you know time and location for your night.
Weekend to Remember - Transportation signup
March 2nd - March 4th, 2018
Where is your marriage today? Is it drifting towards isolation or intentionally moving toward oneness? You know what “oneness” feels like — conflicts resolve quickly, adventures happen together, and sex is on point. It’s great. But great marriages don’t just happen. Greatness takes investment. And isn’t that why you walked down the aisle – because you longed for a great relationship that lasts a lifetime? Find out what over 3 million couples worldwide have experienced at FamilyLife’s Weekend to Remember. It’s your turn to make a great marriage happen.
- Event Dates: Friday, March 2nd - Sunday, March 4th, 2018
- Event Location: Lincolnshire (Chicago) Marriott Resort (directions via Google Maps)
- Event Schedule: available here
- Event Cost: $300/couple ($150/person)
- You MUST register yourself at the Family Life website
- Save $100 off your total registration by using GroupName: cbcnormal
- Gift cards for 50% off total registration available here from Nov. 21-27
- Special Marriott rate: $120/night until 02/16/2018 (subject to availability) click to book a room
- Lodging, meals and transportation costs are NOT included in registration fee
- Provide your own transportation or register on this page to ride the CBC bus
CBC Bus Transportation (provided free of charge)
Friday, March 2nd
- 2:00PM Load up in front parking lot
- 2:15PM Hit the road
- 4:45PM Arrive/Unload/Register for event at Marriott Hotel
- 5:30PM Check into rooms (supper on your own)
- 7:00PM First Session begins
Sunday, March 4th
- 12:15PM Load up at Marriott
- 12:30PM Hit the road
- 1:00PM Lunch stop
- 3:30PM Arrival at CBC
For more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 9th - March 10th, 2018
What does "Power Up!" mean?
Luke 11:28, “But (Jesus) said, ‘Blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!’”
Imagine your favorite video game. You’re at the moment where everything hangs in the balance. One wrong move and your player could die, but if you play the game just right you’ll make it to the next level and eventually win the game. It’s the perfect time for a "Power Up" – that critical gift or ability that you didn't have before, but it helped you advance and win.
In the game of life, however, for a preteen it can often seem like the odds are stacked against them. But God tells us that’s not true. He tells us that He’s on our side, and He gives us a tool, a “Power Up” to help us through life.
That “Power Up” is His Word. By exploring Luke 11:28 and plugging into the world of video games, SuperStart's mission this year is to help preteens understand that through God's Word they receive the power they need to navigate and serve in His Kingdom.
View online videos here
NOTE: when registering your child, be sure to login under your own name, then follow the instructions to "register someone else."
- This event is for 4th-5th graders ONLY
- Signup deadline is Friday, February 23rd, 2018
- Cost is $25 per kid (includes event, activities and Saturday lunch)
- Friends and visitors may attend for $50 (register as "Friend of Calvary Kid")
- Parent/guardian must complete the REQUIRED online waiver form
- We will be staying OVERNIGHT at Calvary Baptist Church
- 5:45PM Meet in Welcome Center
- 6:00PM Bus departs CBC
- 6:15PM Arrive at Eastview Christian Church
- 7:00PM Amp Up!
- 7:30PM Main Session begins
- 10:00PM Dismissal
- 10:15PM Arrival at CBC
- 10:30PM Games in the Big Gym
- 11:00PM Head for bed (downstairs rooms)
- 11:30PM Lights Out
- 7:00AM Up & At 'Em
- 7:30AM Breakfast
- 7:45AM Bus departs CBC
- 8:00AM Amp Up!
- 8:30AM Main Session begins
- 10:00AM Dismiss for lunch and Plug 'N Play events
- 1:30PM Main Session begins
- 3:00PM SuperStart! dismissal
- 3:30PM Arrival/Parent Pick Up at CBC
What are "Amp Up!" and "Plug 'N Play"? Find out here
Our Plug 'N Play Events
- Laser Tag
- Gaga Ball
- Bracelet Making
- Fingernail painting (girls only)
Other Helpful Information
- Visit the website for SuperStart!
- Visit their Facebook page here
- Directions via Google Maps available here
Questions? Contact me at email@example.com